We have two destination races in 2020, the Rock ‘n’ Roll San Diego Marathon/Half/Relay on May 31st and the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon/10 mile, in Minneapolis, October 4th.
Past destination races: Marine Corps Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Napa to Sonoma Half, Grandma’s Marathon and Gary Bjorkland Half (Minnesota), San Francisco Marathon and Half, Jacksonville Marathon/Half, Space Coast Marathon/Half, Maine Marathon/Half, St. Augustine Half, Big Cottonwood Marathon/Half (Utah), Boston Run to Remember Half, and the Niagara Ultra.
These are for club members only. We plan one or two destination races each year. What does it mean for a race to be a designated Run Tampa destination race?
- A separate Facebook sub group to facilitate planning.
- Run Tampa group shakeout run the day before the race
- Group photo before the race, as well as many other candid photos over the weekend.
- Post race celebration at a restaurant.
- Hotel: Everyone makes their own hotel plans; the Facebook sub group makes it easy for people to plan together.
- Travel: Everyone makes their own travel arrangements. Again, this is facilitated by the Facebook group.