The 2019 Destination Race will be the Niagara Ultra Running Festival in Niagara On the Lake. There will be 5k/10k/half marathon/marathon, and a 50k options. Date has not been announced, yet, but it’s in June.
Past destination races: Marine Corps Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Napa to Sonoma Half, Grandma’s Marathon and Gary Bjorkland Half (Minnesota), San Francisco Marathon and Half, Jacksonville Marathon/Half, Spacecoast Marathon/Half, Maine Marathon/Half, St. Augustine Half, Big Cottonwood Marathon/Half (Utah).
These are for club members only. We plan one destination race each year. What does it mean for a race to be a designated Run Tampa destination race?
- A separate Facebook sub group to facilitate planning.
- Run Tampa group shake out run the day before the race
- Group photo before the race, as well as many other candid photos over the weekend.
- Post race celebration at a restaurant.
- Hotel: Everyone makes their own hotel plans; the Facebook sub group makes it easy for people to plan together.
- Travel: Everyone makes their own travel arrangements. Again, this is facilitated by the Facebook group.